The benefits to participating companies are three-fold:
- Learning what their employees most value in their workplace and the impact these preferences have on overall employee satisfaction and loyalty.
- Discovering what the best practices in Idaho are in Compensation and Benefits, Work Environment, Company Management, Employee Growth and Development, and Work-Life Balance and how they compare on each dimension to the top performers.
- Demonstrating to employees their commitment to creating and maintaining a workplace that strives for excellence.
After logging in to the employer portal, click on the People tab. From the people tab, click on the Click Here link in the Employees frame. This will take you to the list of uploaded employees.
From the list of uploaded employees, use the Search box to enter the name or email address of the person whose uploaded data you wish to update. Once you've located the data you wish to update, click on the data field and you can update it in place. When you're done updating the field, either press the key or the key before you leave the page.
Please refer to the Timeline for important milestones and dates. POPULUS will send email reminders of upcoming deadlines to the contact person.
Yes. If the branch is located in Idaho and employs Idaho residents, the company is eligible to participate in the Best Places to Work in Idaho™ program.
All Idaho based employees, from top management to entry-level employees are encouraged to take the survey.
Online surveys will be submitted electronically. Employees who complete paper surveys will deposit them in a secure collection box at their company. This box of completed surveys will be sent to POPULUS for processing. Detailed instructions about distributing and collecting paper surveys will be provided to companies that choose this option.
Results will be shared with each participating company if there are at least 10 people who took the survey. However to be eligible for an award, companies must have the following completion rates:
10 - 19 employees: 80%
20 - 49 employees: 70%
50 - 249 employees: 60%
250 or more employees: 50%
POPULUS will contact award winners in early or mid-March.
Yes. The survey is available in English and in Spanish. If a company has a significant number of employees who speak another language and would like to cover the cost of translating and creating the survey in that language, it may do so. Contact POPULUS (208-344-5300) to discuss this option and its cost.
Your information is secure. POPULUS abides by the Council of American Survey Research Organizations’ (CASRO) code of standards and ethics regarding respondent and client confidentiality.
Throughout the enrollment, survey, and reporting processes, no individual level data for respondents will be made available to client companies. Similarly, no company level data will be made available to any other participating company or the media.
Additionally, no information regarding a company’s participation in the survey in the current or prior years will be made public unless the company is an award winner.
Yes. These employees are referred to as "non-wired" employees. There are two options for including non-wired employees in the survey.
Option 1: If a non-wired employee has a personal email account, you can provide their personal email address in the spreadsheet of employee contact information you upload to the Best Places to Work in Idaho website. Their survey notifications and links will be sent to their personal email address and they can click on the link in their email to access the employee survey.
In these cases, to maximize the response rate, it is VERY helpful to allow these employees to leave work early or come in late in order to take the survey at the employer’s expense just as the wired employees are able to do. No need to worry about the security of the email addresses, POPULUS employs the same high-level of security and confidentiality with personal email addresses as we do with work email addresses.
There is no fee for this option.
Option 2 (Kiosk Option): For non-wired employees with no personal email account or who prefer not to share their personal email address.
There is a fee for this option. Click here for associated fees.
A non-wired employee is one with no employer-provided email account. These employees can still participate in the survey.
The Kiosk Option is one of two surveying options for non-wired employees (i.e., employees with no employer-provided email account). The other option is to provide POPULUS with their personal email address.
If a non-wired employee has no personal email address or they prefer to not share their personal email address, they can still participate in the employee survey.
POPULUS will assign each employee one unique, single use password. The list of employee names and their assigned survey passwords will be returned, along with the link to the survey's generic login page, to the employer's delegated recipient. The employer delegate will confidentially notify each non-wired employee of their personal assigned survey password and the generic link to the employee survey login page.
It is very important that respondents are only given their assigned survey password. Survey passwords are single-use and preassigned to an individual, they cannot be shared or given to someone to whom they have not been assigned.
There is a fee for this option. Click here for associated fees.
Things you can try if you're having trouble accessing your survey.
- Close and re-open your browser. Click on your survey link again.
- Copy and paste your survey link into your browser navigation window rather than clicking on the link.
- Copy and paste your survey link into a different browser than last time.
- Start over from a different computer.
- Contact your IT and/or support personnel at your organization.
The short answer is that the Honorable Mention employers are those whose scores indicate an above average employee experience but are not quite high enough to be in the Top Ten.
The longer answer is...
Here at POPULUS, we believe the majority of employers that participate in this program have workplaces that are above average in terms of employee satisfaction, since they are self-selected to participate.
To only honor the ten with the best scores would leave many great employers off the list, which isn't our intent. We want to make public the names of our state's employers where people can find work that is not only financially rewarding, but emotionally and mentally as well.
Every year there are a handful of employers whose scores are such that we can't in good conscious recommend them as a Best Place to Work in Idaho. Once these are removed, and the Top Ten are identified, the balance are considered Honorable Mention.
There are many factors that impact employee perceptions outside of the employer's control. Some of these external influences are unemployment rate and general health of the economy, to name just a few.
We try to hold as many of these external influences as possible constant so the results across employers are more comparable. That's why we have all employers take the survey as close to the same time of year as possible.
Try this step-by-step process to reset your password.
- Click on the Log in link in the upper right corner of the home page at www.bestplacestoworkinidaho.com.
- On the log in page, click on the "Forgot Password" link.
- Enter your email address and click on the "Reset password" button.
- If you get a message saying your email wasn't found, check your typing and try again.
- Close the browser tab or browser window containing the Reset Password page.
- Open your email and click on the reset link in the email we sent you.
- Enter your new password on the new screen, twice, then press the Reset Password link.
- If everything went okay you'll now be logged in and you'll have a message on the screen that says "Your password was successfully updated".
Most of the time there are three reasons why someone doesn't receive a survey notification.
- Spam filtering. Make sure our URLs and IP address have been added to the company's mail server and have the employees check their personal spam folders. The URLs are (www.bestplacestoworkinidaho.com and www.populus.com). The IP address is 188.8.131.52).
- Employee email is entered incorrectly. Using your portal at https://www.bestplacestoworkinidaho.com, review the email addresses for those people who have not received a survey notification. You can view the uploaded employee data by clicking on the People tab, then clicking on the Click here link in the Employees box to access the organization's employee list. To edit an email address, click on the email address you wish to edit, make your changes, then out of the field to save your changes.
- Employee was not uploaded. Once surveys have been sent out you cannot upload another spreadsheet. To add employees after your survey has launched you must click on the Add employee button from the organization's employee list page (see #2 above to access the organization's employee list page).